For centuries, people have accumulated experience in herbal treatments. Phytotherapy also gives excellent results in skin care. More and more women are abandoning expensive cosmetics and turning to homemade beauty products, made with their own hands only from natural ingredients. Folk remedies from herbs to wrinkles are a great alternative to beauty procedures in salons and clinics.
Healing effects of herbs
Herbal cosmetics contain most of the minerals, organic acids and other elements needed for the full functioning of epithelial tissue.
Cosmeticians divide herbs into groups, taking into account the type and problem of the skin. More than 2 thousand types of medicinal plants are known in traditional medicine, 20 items are used in home medicine cosmetics, including:
- nettle, king banana, mint are more suitable for oily skin;
- thyme, oregano, calendula are best used by women with dry surface types;
- parsley, dandelion, celandine have bleaching properties;
- soothing, relieving inflammation will help oak bark, chamomile, calendula or rope;
- rosemary will wisely remove wrinkles around the eyes, mouth, wrinkles on the forehead;
- linden, St. John's wort. John contributes to the narrowing of pores, refreshes the epidermis, removes oily sheen;
- reviews kelp for facial rejuvenation - seaweed, praising its unique effect on the skin.
Herbal benefits for the skin
Herbs have a unique effect on the skin.They have anti-inflammatory, wound healing, nourishing and tonic properties.Plants are a real storehouse of nutrients. Their chemical composition contains all the components necessary for skin care, such as:
- Micro elements. Protects the skin from harmful external influences, participates in all metabolic processes. Stimulates the development of natural elastin, which maintains skin elasticity.
- Vitamins. They participate in the process of cell metabolism, stimulate cell regeneration, nourish the dermis.
- Essential oils. Restore the skin, saturated with oxygen, which slows down the aging process. They have antioxidant effects.
- Peptides and amino acids. Activate the process of cell renewal, and the production of its own collagen. Amino acids are able to penetrate into the inner layers of the epidermis, smoothing even the deepest wrinkles.
- Tannin. Reduces swelling, controls sebaceous glands. The astringent action tightens sagging skin.
- organic acids. Accelerates skin renewal, stimulates collagen production. They have moisturizing, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- Alkaloid. Refresh the skin.
- Glycoside. Effectively cleanses and whitens skin. Helps with hyperpigmentation.
- Flavonoid. Strengthens blood vessels. Protects skin from UV rays and free radicals.
- Phytoncides. The strongest source of resistance to infectious and inflammatory processes on the skin.
Advantages of medical cosmetics
The contribution of plants to skin rejuvenation is enormous. Many factors contribute to this:
- natural, environmental friendliness components;
- deep action masks, decoctions;
- the richness, variety of plants allows you to choose the right recipe for any type;
- slows aging, intensively moisturizes, gives elasticity, healthy color, it is possible without fear for the health of the body, avoid irritation, inflammation;
- medicinal herbs are absorbed by cells by 100%, unlike cosmetic preparations with chemical components
How to stay young
Wrinkles, pale skin, sagging skin - all of these can be scary! And if the advertised way doesn’t help, then it becomes quite depressing. Maybe you did something wrong? Or have you forgotten that the general condition of the body affects the appearance?
Agelessness will last longer if:
- reject bad habits;
- sleep regularly;
- often in the fresh air;
- eat right;
- get the vitamins you need.
There are a variety of herbs to rejuvenate the body, rich in trace elements, vitamins and other beneficial compounds.
Especially important are plants that contain so -called antioxidants - vitamins C, E, A. They prevent cellular aging and rejuvenate the body, reduce wrinkles.
When to use and contraindications
Herbs can be used to combat deficiencies:
- inflammation, acne;
- various age spots;
- the formation of new wrinkles;
- excessive dryness, peeling of the skin
- allergic reactions, itching, redness;
- swelling, bluishness in the eye area;
- oily sheen, dull color of the epidermis.
There are several contraindications to the use of herbal cosmetics:
- individual allergies to drugs;
- diseases associated with the circulatory system, oncology;
- postoperative condition (presence of fresh wounds).
Chamomile contains many vitamins, microelements and organic acids that are valuable for the body. All these together help rejuvenate, moisturize and whiten facial skin, making it more supple and elastic. In cosmetology, the most effective results can be achieved using decoctions and infusions of chamomile.
- boiled water. To prepare the product, it is necessary to pour dried chamomile flowers - 25 g with a glass of warm boiled water, and put in a water bath for half an hour. The finished gravy must be filtered and, if necessary, diluted with boiled water. The product should be applied to the skin of the face and décolleté. After the application, the wrinkles on the face appear reduced and smooth.
- Infusion. To prepare the infusion of chamomile, you need to pour a tablespoon of dried and crushed plants with a glass of boiling water and insist for half an hour. The finished product must be filtered, and, as in the previous recipe, wipe the skin of the face with it.
Recipes that will restore youthfulness and facial beauty
Cleansing, replenishing cell water balance will help a lime flower -based tonic. You need 2 tbsp. flowers, pour 250 ml of boiling water, close the container, strain after half an hour. Apply to skin in the morning and evening.
Exclusively for cleansing oily skin, use 1 tsp. herbal complex (calendula flowers, cornflowers, violets) and 1 tbsp. chamomile, which pour boiling water (0. 5 l). The next day, wipe the problem area with a decoction. This tool will remove impurities, refresh the skin.
A mask of aloe juice and oatmeal will help eliminate wrinkles around the eyes. In a ratio of 2: 1, mix the ingredients, apply the dough in a thin layer for 10 minutes. Remove the rest with a cotton pad.
Another version of the mask that is proven for rejuvenation is prepared from the slurry of nettle leaves, St. collection per 0. 5 l of liquid. Stir in the product for about 3 hours, crush to a homogeneous consistency (if possible), then distribute the mass on cleansed skin. Wash off the residue after half an hour.
To restore a healthy glow, the elasticity of the epidermis will help mask mint and green tea (1 tablespoon per component). Pour boiling water over the batter for a while. Then pour water (can be used as a tonic, ice base), place the herb itself on the surface. After 15 minutes, remove the slurry.
If you still do not believe in the rejuvenating power of herbs, then we recommend you read our article on pharmaceutical facial products, maybe traditional medical methods will be more suitable for you.
Herbs for facial wrinkles
The desired effect in combating the signs of skin aging can be achieved by washing daily with an infusion of herbs.
In addition, washing can achieve several results at once:
- cleaning sweat and secretion of sebum, dust particles and dirt;
- removes acne, relieves inflammation, narrows pores;
- skin tone.
What you need to know about the preparation and use of tonics for washing:
- prepare the product on water or alcohol: water tonic is stored no more than two days, alcohol - up to two weeks;
- use herbs: chamomile, sage, parsley, celandine; nettle, St. John's wort. John, green tea;
- natural vegetable juices - aloe, citrus, cucumber;
- tonic does not need to be washed;
- use the medicine daily in the evening and morning.
Here's what you need to know when rejuvenating with herbs!
- Some herbs are allergens. Before using cosmetic products, do an experimental test.
- For cosmetic purposes, use plants purchased at the pharmacy (their quality is guaranteed) or collected in a proven and environmentally friendly area.
- Study the characteristics, properties of each component, they should aim to solve the problem, according to the type of surface.
- Prepare the decoction for a maximum use of 3 days, keep the mixture soft no more than 2 days.
- To achieve a greater effect, do not forget to include anti-aging foods in your daily diet, do massages, facial gymnastics.
- Washing with a decoction after a facial energy massage contributes to the rapid saturation of cells with nutrients, activating processes, including the production of collagen and elastin fibers.
- Cosmetic herbal ice effectively moisturizes and nourishes epithelial cells. Learn more about making ice miracle recipes here.
Method of application
If you are using herbs for your own face, you need to know how to do it so that the benefits do not turn into harms. There are various ways to use it:
- it is best to use fresh plants, which contain the maximum amount of nutrients;
- you can squeeze the juice and use it for lotions on the problematic parts of the face (pigment spots, acne);
- dried raw materials are also useful, but not for masks, but for infusions and decoctions used for washing the face;
- you can make cosmetic ice;
- as an option - pharmacy fees and phyto packages, which are very easy to brew and use for cosmetic purposes;
- lotions and tonics can be prepared from decoctions and raw materials, alcohol (for oily skin) and water;
- creams - their recipes are the most complex, they usually turn out greasy and are not always good for home experiments, but are stored only up to 3-5 days;
- the best option is to make an herbal mask or gruel for lotions and applications.
When choosing how to use herbs for the face, be guided by the individual characteristics of the skin and cosmetic problems that you need to solve.
Some useful tips on how to collect herbs and prepare facial cosmetics from them will help you avoid mistakes and do everything right.
If you decide to use dried plants in your home laboratory and store yourself medical raw materials, do it according to all the rules, otherwise there will be no meaning from them, but there will be many side effects.
You can collect it on farms, forests, in summer huts, but away from cities, industrial zones, factories and highways. Dry - in a ventilated, dry room, without direct sunlight. It is necessary to constantly stir the collected material, making sure it is not stale or moldy. Better stored in a cardboard box or paper bag.
Despite all the benefits of medicinal plants, it is a concentrated active ingredient that affects the skin in large quantities and can even harm it. Allergies to them are far from rare, so be sure to check how your skin responds to a particular decoction before such a therapeutic cleansing.
Herbs are very useful for steaming the face before the cleansing procedure. Pour 1-2 cups of decoction into a basin (cup or steam bath) and dilute with one liter of boiling water. Next, bend your head (pin your hair first) over the container so as not to burn yourself with steam, and place a terry towel over it.
It is advisable to use fresh cosmetic products immediately after preparation, within 1 day. Lotions and creams can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, liquids with alcohol - up to 2 weeks. Dried plants in boxes and paper bags can be stored no more than 2 years. Close the lid, leave for half an hour, strain and get the infusion at the exit. 2. Place the container with the steamed crushed water in a water bath, simmer for 10-15 minutes, leave under the lid for half an hour, strain. This is a stew recipe. Instead of a water bath, you can put the healing liquid on the fire, but reduce the cooking time to 5-7 minutes.
Herbal masks for problem skin can be done daily, for oily (from oily sheen) - 2 times a week, for dry and sensitive - once a week. As a preventative measure - and more rarely: once every 10 days. Lotion and rub, wash with decoction and rub with lotion - twice a day, morning and evening. Herbal steam baths should not be done too often. The best option is once every 7-10 days, depending on the level of facial contamination.
If a man decides to fight the signs of aging at home, you should familiarize yourself with the basic rules for the procedure.
- you need to follow the fact that cosmetics should be used systematically, and not from time to time. Do you doubt the need to shave every day? So you can do beauty masks regularly. Moreover, they need to be done not every day, but only 1-2 times a week;
- masks should be prepared immediately before use from fresh and high quality products. Below is a simple, guided recipe, anyone can prepare an effective anti-aging mask. Take seriously compliance with the indicated proportions, otherwise the effectiveness of the procedure may be reduced;
- you need to apply the ready -made formulation on well -cleansed skin, that is, you need to wash yourself first, and then you can use the prepared mixture;
- follow the recommendations given in the recipe about the time of exposure of the mask. You shouldn’t wash it in advance, but you also shouldn’t overdo it;
- rinse the composition thoroughly. First, wash with warm water, and when the composition is washed from the skin, you need to rinse your face with cold water;
- change the mask periodically. The same prescription is not recommended for more than a month.
This will not allow the skin to become accustomed to a particular set of nutrients, which means that the effectiveness of the procedure will be higher.
This is one of the main rules, their violation will contribute not only to the appearance of wrinkles, but also to the aging of the whole organism. For a healthy diet, a man needs to follow only a few rules. First, don’t eat your favorite flour products, white bread, pasta and potatoes. Second, eat more fruits and vegetables. Third, it is necessary to replace semi -finished meat products (sausages, sausages) with natural meat or fish. Of course, you can not overeat, drink enough water.
Despite the fact that only natural products are used in folk recipes, such compositions can trigger allergies. Therefore, before using a new composition, dosimple test. Rub a drop of the composition into the skin on the inside of the wrist and observe the skin reaction. If redness or irritation does not appear on the skin within a few hours, then the composition can also be applied on the face.
Remember!It is necessary to refrain from using homemade masks if there are sores on the face (for example, if you cut yourself while shaving) or inflamed pimples appear.
Homemade herbal face mask recipe
The magic of natural recipes has been widely used for centuries to take care of one’s appearance. The beautiful features of the flora allow you to create a unique caring formula. For each type, it is easy to choose a healing agent that normalizes intracellular processes.
Anti-wrinkle mask with aloe juice
For tired skin, this is the best way to get rid of the signs of fatigue, restoring skin elasticity. After a course of seven/ten sessions, the number and depth of wrinkles decreased, and collagen synthesis improved.
- 15 ml of aloe juice;
- 5 ml of peach oil;
- 5 drops of glycerin.
Method of production and use: combine viscous juice filtered through gauze with oil and glycerin. Clean the face, apply along the massage line, wipe the face with a wet disc after an hour.
Mask of acne and inflammation with wormwood
Herbal folk recipes are useful for restoring problematic and oily skin.Organic cosmetics can soothe and reduce irritation, speeding up the abscess healing process. Wormwood has an antiseptic effect, stops the spread of infection, and prevents the formation of abscesses.
- 35 ml of wormwood infusion;
- 10 gr. chicken peanut flour;
- 5 drops of vitamin B5.
Production and method of application: pour the leaves with hot water, insist under the lid for at least half an hour. After filtering, combine the liquid with the flour, add vitamin drops. Steam the face with a compress, then distribute the cosmetic mass, rinse, as usual, after fifteen minutes.
Mask for blackheads and blemishes
Medicinal herbs clean clogged ducts perfectly, removing toxins and oxidants along with sebum plugs. After application, the skin becomes lighter, the structure improves. It is useful to carry out the healing procedure once a week to maintain the results.
- 5 gr. king banana;
- 5 gr. coltsfoot;
- 10 ml of kefir.
Production and method of application: rinse fresh leaves, pass through a meat grinder, add sour milk to the green porridge. Hold your face on the steam for about five minutes, then distribute the mass. The action lasts from fifteen to twenty minutes, rinsing with cold water.
Did you know that ginseng is an excellent treatment for acne and pimples, we write more about this here: . The famous tar soap will also cleanse and restore facial skin. The mask with gelatin has the properties of tightening, smoothing, softening and brightening, the recipe can be seen on this page.
Mask for age spots and freckles with dandelions
To get rid of uneven pigmentation, freckles, and to improve the skin, it is worth using a proven recipe. The plant components allow you to remove the top layer of the epidermis without damaging the renewed tissue. As a result, after several procedures, the tone becomes even, the distribution of melanin becomes normal.
- 10 ml of dandelion juice;
- 5 gr. rice starch;
- 15 gr. yogurt.
Production and method of use: squeeze the juice from the stems and leaves, mix with the components, spread on pigmented areas, except the eyelids and triangles near the lips. Hold for six/eight minutes.
Nourishing mask for dry skin with chamomile
Eliminates exfoliation and dryness, gives skin a fresh look natural herbal -based cosmetics. The regenerative properties of chamomile help restore cellular structure, saturated with useful elements. It is recommended to use the product out of season, as well as in case of adverse environmental factors.
- 10 gr. chamomile;
- 10 gr. persimmon;
- 5 gr. Palm oil.
Preparation and method of application: crush the healing inflorescences together with persimmon in a mortar, add melted butter. Spread the mixture on the lid, rest for about thirty minutes.
Recipes for sensitive skin
With your own hands, you can soothe an irritated integument that is prone to redness and allergic reactions. Natural masks remove toxins, improve immune performance. Application helps restore pH balance, provides oxygen respiration.
- 20 ml of string infusion;
- 10 gr. clay;
- 10 drops of vitamin B2.
Production and method of application: mix the rope and leave for about an hour, then mix with blue or white clay, add vitamin solution. Wipe face with mineral water, distribute the finished product along the lymph flow line. Wash off after ten/twelve minutes of action.
Recipes for skin aging
You can refresh, rejuvenate fading skin by using natural cosmetics. Saturate the lid with vitamins and minerals, activate elastin synthesis easily on its own. Significant lifting effects occurred after a course of eight sessions.
- 10 gr. wise;
- 10 gr. cottage cheese.
Production and method of application: pour a little boiling water over sage, then knead intensively in a mortar, add cottage cheese and egg yolk. Apply on face with a spatula from bottom to top, leave on for twenty -five minutes. Then remove with a damp sponge.
Recipes for problem skin
Deeply cleanses pores, removes blackheads, refreshes color. The care procedure allows you to normalize intracellular processes, eliminate swelling and signs of fatigue. The procedure is also effective for age -related dermis, reduces the number of wrinkles, tightens the oval contours.
- 10 ml of rowan juice;
- 10 gr. Moroccan clay;
- 15 drops of avocado oil
Production and method of use: add red powder and nutritious oil to the squeezed berry juice. Evenly distribute the plastic mass, leave to act for fifteen / eighteen minutes, rinse in the usual way.
Moisturizing mask with honey and herbs
Useful herbs in honey recipes have a tonic effect. Facial vessels are strengthened, saturated with active elements and oxygen occurs. Mimic wrinkles are smoothed, peeled off and dryness disappears.
- a sprig of rosemary;
- 5 gr. thyme;
- 10 gr. honey;
- 5 gr. coconut oil.
Production and method of application: grind rosemary with thyme in a mortar, add melted honey and peanut oil. Spread a wide layer on the surface of the steamer, rinsing in the usual way after twelve minutes of action.
Herbal mask recipes that you can make at home
There are no restrictions on consumption, whether fresh or dried herbs, the main thing is its purity and suitability for a particular skin type. This is more important than the benefits of this or that herb, because when a mixture of herbs according to a recipe is chosen for your skin type, it provides benefits and healing. Otherwise, it can be painful. Herbal mask recipe:
- Wormwood cleansing mask: boil a few tablespoons of oatmeal in milk and mix with a few tablespoons of wormwood decoction, and add a tablespoon of lemon pulp.
- Soften chamomile: beat one egg in a blender with the addition of two tablespoons of chamomile flowers and low -fat kefir, you can also use a decoction of chamomile for the face in the form of ice cubes.
- Protector from St. John's wort. John: from the leaves of St. John's wort and nettle. Fresh John, just picked, take one tablespoon of crushed leaves, add two tablespoons of homemade fat sour cream and half a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Banana cure: finely grind a few large leaves of fresh green banana and add the same amount of corn flour, dilute with a tablespoon of water to a creamy state.
- Therapeutics of aloe vera: mix one tablespoon of squeezed aloe juice alone with two tablespoons of crushed oat flakes into flour.
- Refreshing from mint: finely chop and grind mint leaves and dandelion (fresh) in equal amounts in a mortar, then beat them with one chicken egg and one teaspoon of honey in a blender for 15 seconds.
Almost all herbal masks bring healing effects on the skin of the face and body. The main condition of effectiveness is systematic intake and not breaking the course until it is fully completed. Even an introductory consultation of a cosmetologist about combining several types of herbs for your skin type will not be superfluous.