- Laser rejuvenation does not affect vision. There is no risk of damage to the cornea.
- Duration - 15-20 minutes.
- The skin around the eyes becomes taut and elastic, a lifting effect is achieved.
- In most cases, 1 procedure is sufficient.
The essence of the procedure
The laser beam works by heating. Connective tissue cells are injured, so collagen fibers are pulled together into a tight spiral and fill the voids, and the dermis is regenerated. The mechanism of new connective tissue formation is launched. Visually, this process looks like tightening the skin.
The effect of the procedure: the skin around the eyes becomes taut and elastic, a lifting effect is achieved. Venous outflow also improves, so color becomes normal, bruises under the eyes disappear, and vessels do not shine through the epidermis. Swelling under the eyes is eliminated by increasing blood circulation and lymph outflow. The microcirculation of fluid becomes normal, so the swelling under the eyes disappears.
The laser also removes bruises under the eyes, if the cause is pigmentation. It destroys the cells that produce the pigment, and the darkness disappears.
Achievable results from laser rejuvenation
After treatment of the skin around the eyes with a laser beam, the number and depth of static wrinkles decreases, and dynamic wrinkles disappear completely. The micro -clearance of the eyelids is improved, the eye contour is emphasized.
The face looks fresh and energetic. As the tissue tone is restored, the curved upper eyelid is removed, visually the appearance becomes lighter. "Bags" under the eyes are reduced, the effect of wide open eyes is created.
Age spots are alleviated by removing the keratin layer of the epidermis and destroying pigment.
Number and frequency of procedures to achieve results
The cosmetologist determines the exact number of sessions individually after diagnosing the condition of the periorbital zone. Since the skin around the eyes of young people is thin and delicate, one treatment is sufficient. When rejuvenating after 40 years, several sessions may be needed to restore previous turgor. In this case, the result will be more stable and durable.
Who is this procedure for?
Laser treatment on the skin around the eyes is carried out to remove cosmetic blemishes. After 25 years, patients correct the first signs of photoaging and prevent age-related changes. At the age of 45-50 years, laser rejuvenation slows down skin aging. Patients sign up for sessions to combat wrinkles, darkening skin, drooping eyelids.
Pros and cons of laser rejuvenation
The rejuvenating effect is noticeable not only on the eyelids, but also on the entire upper third of the face. Rejuvenation of the skin around the eyes improves the overall perception of the face.
Good results with low cost compared to plastic surgery. The laser freezes the duct, so bleeding is excluded. Modern lasers are distinguished by ultra-precise settings. This helps the doctor control the penetration of the beam to a clear depth (no risk of burns and scarring on thin skin).
Patients need not fear that the treated area of the eyelid will be visible on the background of the entire face. Laser rejuvenation is characterized by the absence of a marking zone, i. e. the boundary between treated and untreated areas is erased.
Despite the many benefits, the effects of the procedure are temporary. After 1. 5-2 years, a second session is required. Lasers cannot completely smooth out static wrinkles, but only push them away slightly.
Instructions for the procedure
- dynamic and static wrinkles, "crow's feet" at the outer corners of the eyelids, wrinkles along the tear trough;
- "bags" and swelling in the lower eyelids;
- age -related drooping eyelids;
- lack of visible moving eyelids due to hanging skin;
- poor skin quality - loss of elasticity, tightness, tone and decreased turgor;
- capillaries dilated around eyes;
- clear nasolacrimal folds;
- skin defects due to mechanical damage.
Young patients use laser rejuvenation for dark circles and bruises under the eyes, age spots, dryness.
This procedure is not always safe. The doctor will refuse to run the session if:
- impaired blood clotting;
- chronic conjunctivitis;
- dermatological pathology - vitiligo, demodicosis, eczema, etc. ;
- tendency to hyperpigmentation.
Limits relative to laser skin rejuvenation around the eyes:
- exacerbation of the common cold, viral infections, atopic dermatitis;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- local inflammation of the face, exacerbation of acne and ulcers;
- recent chemical peels (less than two weeks ago);
- taking medications that increase skin photosensitivity. The procedure was suspended for 1. 5 years;
- sawo matang.
With increased intraocular pressure and dry eye syndrome due to impaired lacrimal gland function, doctors consider each case individually.
How the procedure is performed
Doctors choose laser settings individually for everyone, taking into account skin thickness and existing problems.
Laser rejuvenation around the eyes is done on an outpatient basis. The patient was allowed to return home immediately after the session.
At the consultation, the beautician determines the problem and chooses the method of exposure. It is recommended to avoid the sun a week before the set date, use sunscreen.
At home, before the session, you need to remove contact lenses and do not use decorative cosmetics.
- The doctor cleans and disinfects the face completely.
- Anesthetic gels are applied to the skin.
- The treatment area is treated with an apparatus that produces a laser beam.
- Protective cream is used.
Remedies and recommendations for skin care after the procedure
After the session, the skin of the eyelids tightens, swelling increases, flaking appears, and slight tingling is possible. Burning and redness extends to the temples and cheekbones. This is a normal reaction that disappears on its own after 2-3 days. The burning sensation disappears after a few hours.
You do not have to wash your face on the day of the procedure. Several times a day, tissues should be treated with antiseptics, and products with vitamin B group (pantothenic acid derivatives) should be used to accelerate regrowth and rapid healing of the injured area. After treatment, the feeling of tightness disappears.
Before going out, use sunscreen with a protection factor of SPF 50 and protect your eyes with sunglasses.
The first few days you can’t use contact lenses. They need to be replaced with glasses.
Things Not to Do After Laser Eye Rejuvenation
Lasers increase skin sensitivity, so the following restrictions apply for a month:
- any effects of heat are prohibited - being in direct sunlight, visiting baths, swimming pools;
- you cannot rub and rub your face;
- it should refrain from peeling;
- it is forbidden to touch the eyelids with the hands;
- do not use products containing alcohol and acids, retinol on the face;
- the peeling crust should not be removed to prevent infection.
Throughout the week, active sports are prohibited, because. it improves blood circulation.
Possible complications after the procedure
Laser rejuvenation of the skin around the eyes is safe and does not affect vision. The risk of negative consequences remains if the rules of rehabilitation are not followed and contraindications are hidden from the doctor.
- Burned. Explained with an effect on one area longer than the allotted time.
- Involvement of infection. Occurs due to touching the crust with dirty hands.
- Pigmentation. It appears when you are in the sun and ignore sunscreen.
The key to a successful procedure is a qualified doctor and modern equipment. In this case, the risk of complications is almost zero, and side effects in the form of redness and swelling quickly disappear.
Combination of laser eye rejuvenation with other procedures
For a greater effect, after rejuvenating the skin around the eyes, you can do forehead and eyebrow folds.
After a few weeks, you can do botulinum therapy on the forehead and between the eyebrows.
To achieve a powerful anti-aging lift, a combination of laser with biorevitalization is recommended. This strengthens the eyelid frame, saturating the skin cells with hyaluronic acid. As a result, dryness and crow's feet disappear. At a young age, lasers are combined with mesotherapy. The complex of vitamins and microelements improves tone and stimulates cellular metabolism.
If you need to improve the quality of the skin around the eyes, tighten the dermis and restore turgor, a combination of a CO2 laser with an injection procedure is recommended.
If it is necessary to smooth only the mimic wrinkles that appear and eliminate round muscle hypertonicity, botulinum therapy is carried out 2-3 weeks before laser rejuvenation.
If necessary to correct static wrinkles, remove the "bag" and reduce the severity of the nasolacrimal canal, after laser rejuvenation, a course of contour plastic with hyaluronic filler is performed.
Answers to frequently asked questions about laser skin rejuvenation around the eyes
- At what age can the process of laser skin resurfacing around the eyes be done?
Sessions are for adults only.
- What is the recovery period?
The total recovery time is one month. As a rule, after 5-7 days there is no effect of treatment.
- How long do the results after laser rejuvenation last?
The effect lasts at least 8-10 months in people with thin and sensitive skin. In most patients, the firmness and elasticity of the skin is maintained for 1. 5 years.
- Is the procedure suitable for men?
Yes, it is.
- What is the difference between laser exfoliation and laser resurfacing?
Exfoliation penetrates into the inner layers of the skin, and its action is not controlled to the micron, like laser rejuvenation.
- Is laser eye regrowth painful?
This procedure is easily accepted due to local anesthesia.